In response to the devastating Covid-19 pandemic, Plug In South LA is working hard to support our South Los Angeles community.
The city has basically shut down, businesses are closing, and many community members are struggling in isolation. We understand — and we’re here to help. Community is all we have. We are the community.
We postponed Urban Tech Connect // Forward until September to protect everyone’s wellbeing, but wanted to use the original conference dates to connect virtually. Let’s discuss what’s relevant now and ensure that our community is plugged in to valuable information to move forward in 2020.
Here’s what’s happening:
Virtual Action to Support South LA
You are invited to join our free virtual community gathering to learn, network, and be part of creating a roadmap for the future. Together we can ensure that South LA’s tech community continues to grow. Let’s drive business forward.
Day 1: Connection, Networking and Support | Office Hours
May 20, 2020
9 am – 12 pm PST
- Condensed office hours for entrepreneurs, business owners, and job seekers in need of support during the Covid-19 crisis
- Connect with experts to discuss business challenges and opportunities
Day 2: Virtual Community Roundtable
May 21, 2020
2 pm – 3 pm PST
What to expect:
- Featured guests discuss how Covid-19 affects the small business community
- Learn about resources and programs that support Latinx and African American communities
- Find out how to pivot in the new market
- Capitalize your business during the pandemic
- Discover financial tools to make it through 2020
- See where job opportunities will emerge
Register here to connect virtually.
New Dates for Urban Tech Connect // Forward
Urban Tech Connect // Forward will now take place September 16 and 17, 2020. Over the summer, we will be monitoring CDC recommendations to finalize logistics for the conference.
Confirmed speakers include LeaseQuery CEO George Azih, Mahmee CEO Melissa Hanna, SoLo Funds CEO Travis Holoway, Squad CEO Isa Watson, Lisnr CCO Rodney Williams, tech consultant Cassie Betts, TechCrunch senior editor Jonathan Shieber, and OPV partner Austin Clements.
Join us for next-gen talks, panels, and fireside chats. Topics include industry disruption, bootstrapping, 5G and emerging tech, transformative networking, forging a winning team, and tapping into South LA’s creative economy. Additional details available here.
Bring your color, your resolve, strength, talents, and presence to the Virtual Huddle in May and our live conference in September. We look forward to seeing you.